Saturday, February 13, 2010

My 3 Fav Thoughts from Day 1 of All-Star Weekend

I caught parts of the first night in Dallas, a typical all-star Friday. Here are my 3 Fav thoughts-

#3- I hope the association made lots of $$ for the steer roping contest they kept pushing since it didn't go that well. This was highlighted when Carmelo commented "I run whenever I see a rope like that."

#2- The look on Dejuan Blair, Tyreke Evans, & Russell Westbrooks' faces when Evans was awarded the MVP to the Rookie/Sophmore game.


Apparently the fans voted during the game so that neither Blair or Westbrook received a share of the MVP trophy. Russell finished with 40 points & Blair had 22 points & 23 rebounds with the crowd chanting "MVP! MVP!" as Tyreke received the award. Nice job NBA, i hope the promotion justified rendering the MVP somewhat meaningless. Then again, it is all-star weekend.

#1- The Dwight Howard/Shaq feud heating up during the dunk-off between Eric Gordon & Demar DeRozan. I didn't know that this feud was more than a joke until Charles kept bringing the situation up. Howard tried to downplay the feud but Charles wouldn't let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment